Last modified: November, 2018
Wearwell LLC (“Wearwell” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes how we may collect, use, disclose, and protect information about you as you interact with our Service.
Our one-of-a-kind personal shopping service (the “Service”) makes it easy to buy clothes and other items you love while supporting the causes you care about. The Service includes our website, http://www.shopwearwell.com/, our page on Indiegogo.com, https://www.indiegogo.com/at/wearwell, our mobile applications, our communications with you, and any other services we provide. The Service is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, including:
- Personal Information, meaning information that may be used to readily identify or contact you or which is sensitive and unique to you (such as your name, email address, shipping address, telephone number, username and password, and payment card information). We may collect Personal Information as you use the Service, including when you provide it to us to set up your account and style profile, make purchases, communicate with us, register to receive information or participate in a special event or program, or complete surveys or other web forms. We may also supplement or collect additional Personal Information from reputable third party sources or business partners, such as Indiegogo or social networking sites, so that we can improve our communications and offers to you, better understand our consumers’ interests, and improve our business and the Service we provide to you. We do not consider Personal Information to include data that has been de-identified or aggregated so that it does not on its own allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual. When we combine other types of data with Personal Information, we will treat that combined data as Personal Information.
- Wearwell Information, meaning information that helps us to understand our consumers but does not reveal your identity. Wearwell Information may include data such as sizing, fit, style, and budget preferences, demographics, age, gender, style habits, interests, and the looks and causes you love. Wearwell Information also includes information about what you choose to keep or return from your box or order. We collect Wearwell Information as you use the Service.
- User Contributions, meaning information that you may post, submit, upload, publish, display, or otherwise share (collectively, “post”) through the Service, including but not limited to text, data, sound, photos, videos, artwork, ideas, opinions, status updates, comments, and “likes.”
- Location Data, meaning precise real-time location information, collected using your device’s GPS technology if you enable your device to send it to us. Location Data may help us to improve the provision of the Service.
- Technical Data, meaning information about your usage of the Service, such as features used, search queries, content viewed, dates and times of interactions, clickstream data, as well as data about your device, such as operating system, browser, model, device identifier, and IP address. Technical Data helps us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized experience to you. We or our service providers or third party ad networks who help support our Service by offering interest based advertising may collect Technical Data as you navigate and interact with the Service using automatic data collection and related technologies, such as:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For more information about managing your settings for Flash cookies, see the section below on Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us or our service providers, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We, our service providers, and third party ad networks also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party services or other online services. We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across networks of websites and online services. Visit allaboutdnt.com for more information in this area.
Additional information about your choices related to tracking are provided in the “Your Choices” section below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect, including your Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Service and its contents, including to deliver the products and services you request, develop new features for the Service, perform quality control activities, and conduct data analytics.
- To customize your experience and provide personalized recommendations and other information to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service, including making User Contributions.
- To provide account management, customer service, or system maintenance, including to communicate service-related or required notices about the Services to you, such as expiration and renewal notices, information about your box or orders, or changes to our Service or the products and services offered through it.
- To deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, advertisements, or other information that may be of interest to you within the Services or on third party apps or websites (see “Your Choices” below for your marketing choices). Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- To administer participation in special events, programs, or surveys with your consent (additional terms and conditions may apply).
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of wearwell LLC, our customers, or others.
- To comply with a law, regulation, court order, or other legal process.
- For other uses consistent with the context in which the information was collected or with your additional consent.
We also may aggregate or de-identify any of the information we collect through the Service or elsewhere for any purpose.
Please note that while you may post User Contributions on public areas of the Service or to other users of the Service or third parties, such postings are at your own risk. We do not control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
How We Share Information
We may disclose information that we collect, including Personal Information, with:
- Our parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Service providers or business partners who work on our behalf or partner with us to provide or improve the Service or related products, services, or events.
- Business partners, ad partners, and ad networks and similar entities who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, ads, or other information that may be of interest to you offline or online (see “Your Choices” below for your marketing choices). Such third parties may collect information directly from your device, including data about your online activities on and off the Services and the content and ads you have viewed.
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of wearwell LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by wearwell LLC about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- Other entities, as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information or with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated or de-identified information without restriction.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Marketing. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for their own marketing purposes, you can opt-out by unsubscribing from affiliate marketing by following the link at the bottom of emails you receive from us and revising your preferences. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s Service.
- Promotional Offers from Wearwell or our Business Partners. If you do not wish for us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing from affiliate marketing by following the link at the bottom of emails you receive from us and revising your preferences or at any other time by logging into the Service and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may opt-out of future promotional emails using the “unsubscribe” information provided in the email. Please note that you may not opt out of customer-service, transactional, or other administrative emails.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to or correct or delete any Personal Information we have collected from you. Please note that we may retain, or decline to make changes to, all or part of your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of wearwell LLC, our customers, or others.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Service is not directed to or intended for use by children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take steps to protect information that we collect through or in connection with the Service. Unfortunately, the internet and any technical system cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error-free, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your password and other log-in information confidential. We urge you to also use caution when posting information or User Contributions in public areas of the Service or to other users.
Our Service is intended for use only in the United States, and information collected by the Service will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with data protection laws that may differ from those in the United States, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this policy.
Questions or Comments?