Last modified: January, 2021
Wearwell, Inc. (“Wearwell” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes how we may collect, use, disclose, and protect information about you as you interact with our Service.
Our online membership service (the “Service”) makes it easy to buy clothes and other items you love while supporting the causes you care about. The Service includes our website, http://www.shopwearwell.com/, our mobile applications, our communications with you, and any other services we provide. The Service is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, including:
- Personal Information, meaning information that may be used to readily identify or contact you or which is sensitive and unique to you (such as your name, email address, shipping address, telephone number, username and password, and payment card information). We may collect Personal Information as you use the Service, including when you provide it to us to set up your account and style profile, make purchases, communicate with us, register to receive information or participate in a special event or program, or complete surveys or other web forms. We may also supplement or collect additional Personal Information from reputable third party sources or business partners, such as social networking sites, so that we can improve our communications and offers to you, better understand our consumers’ interests, and improve our business and the Service we provide to you. We do not consider Personal Information to include data that has been de-identified or aggregated so that it does not on its own allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual. When we combine other types of data with Personal Information, we will treat that combined data as Personal Information.
- Wearwell Information, meaning information that helps us to understand our consumers but does not reveal your identity. Wearwell Information may include data such as sizing, fit, style, and budget preferences, demographics, age, gender, style habits, interests, and the looks and causes you love. Wearwell Information also includes information about what you choose to purchase or return from your order. We collect Wearwell Information as you use the Service.
- User Contributions, meaning information that you may post, submit, upload, publish, display, or otherwise share (collectively, “post”) through the Service, including but not limited to text, data, sound, photos, videos, artwork, ideas, opinions, status updates, comments, and “likes.”
- Location Data, meaning precise real-time location information, collected using your device’s GPS technology if you enable your device to send it to us. Location Data may help us to improve the provision of the Service.
- Technical Data, meaning information about your usage of the Service, such as features used, search queries, content viewed, dates and times of interactions, clickstream data, as well as data about your device, such as operating system, browser, model, device identifier, and IP address. Technical Data helps us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized experience to you. We or our service providers or third party ad networks who help support our Service by offering interest based advertising may collect Technical Data as you navigate and interact with the Service using automatic data collection and related technologies, such as:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For more information about managing your settings for Flash cookies, see the section below on Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us or our service providers, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We, our service providers, and third party ad networks also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party services or other online services. We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across networks of websites and online services. Visit allaboutdnt.com for more information in this area.
Additional information about your choices related to tracking are provided in the “Your Choices” section below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect, including your Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Service and its contents, including to deliver the products and services you request, develop new features for the Service, perform quality control activities, and conduct data analytics.
- To customize your experience and provide personalized recommendations and other information to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service, including making User Contributions.
- To provide account management, customer service, or system maintenance, including to communicate service-related or required notices about the Services to you, such as expiration and renewal notices, information about your box or orders, or changes to our Service or the products and services offered through it.
- To deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, advertisements, or other information that may be of interest to you within the Services or on third party apps or websites (see “Your Choices” below for your marketing choices). Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- To administer participation in special events, programs, or surveys with your consent (additional terms and conditions may apply).
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of wearwell, Inc., our customers, or others.
- To comply with a law, regulation, court order, or other legal process.
- For other uses consistent with the context in which the information was collected or with your additional consent.
We also may aggregate or de-identify any of the information we collect through the Service or elsewhere for any purpose.
Please note that while you may post User Contributions on public areas of the Service or to other users of the Service or third parties, such postings are at your own risk. We do not control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
How We Share Information
We may disclose information that we collect, including Personal Information, with:
- Our parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Service providers or business partners who work on our behalf or partner with us to provide or improve the Service or related products, services, or events.
- Business partners, ad partners, and ad networks and similar entities who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, ads, or other information that may be of interest to you offline or online (see “Your Choices” below for your marketing choices). Such third parties may collect information directly from your device, including data about your online activities on and off the Services and the content and ads you have viewed.
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of wearwell, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by wearwell, Inc. about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- Other entities, as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information or with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated or de-identified information without restriction.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Marketing. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for their own marketing purposes, you can opt-out by unsubscribing from affiliate marketing by following the link at the bottom of emails you receive from us and revising your preferences. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s Service.
- Promotional Offers from Wearwell or our Business Partners. If you do not wish for us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing from affiliate marketing by following the link at the bottom of emails you receive from us and revising your preferences or at any other time by logging into the Service and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may opt-out of future promotional emails using the “unsubscribe” information provided in the email. Please note that you may not opt out of customer-service, transactional, or other administrative emails.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information. You may also email us at email@example.com to request access to or correct or delete any Personal Information we have collected from you. Please note that we may retain, or decline to make changes to all or part of your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of wearwell Inc, our customers, or others.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Service is not directed to or intended for use by children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take steps to protect information that we collect through or in connection with the Service. Unfortunately, the internet and any technical system cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error-free, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your password and other log-in information confidential. We urge you to also use caution when posting information or User Contributions in public areas of the Service or to other users.
Our Service is intended for use only in the United States, and information collected by the Service will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with data protection laws that may differ from those in the United States, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this policy.
Questions or Comments?
Last Updated September, 2021
Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Wearwell, Inc. (“Wearwell,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). Wearwell provides an online membership service and marketplace that makes it easy to buy clothes and other items you love while supporting the causes you care about (collectively, including the Site, the “Service”).
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information as follows:
Personal Information You Provide: We collect the following categories of personal information from you when you sign up for and use our Service:
- Identification Information: We collect your name, email address, phone number, mailing/billing addresses, and other information you provide to us when you use the Service.
- Financial Information: Our payment processor(s) will collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details. Please note, however, that we store only a tokenized version of such information and do not maintain payment card information on our servers.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
- Commercial Information: We may retain a history of the products you browse, purchase and/or return using the Service.
- Demographic Information: We collect your age group, gender, sizing, fit, style habits, budget preferences, and interests if you choose to provide that information to us.
- Social Media Information: We may have pages on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Twitter (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect personal information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
- User Contributions: We collect information that you may voluntarily post, submit, upload, publish, display, or otherwise share (collectively, “User Contributions”) through the Service, including but not limited to text, data, sound, photos, videos, artwork, ideas, opinions, status updates, comments, and “likes.”
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Location Information: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
- Email Open/Click Information: We use pixels and UTM parameters in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Derived Information: We may infer your style preferences based on the personal information we collect about you.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service, including to deliver the products and services you request, develop new features for the Service, perform quality control activities, and conduct data analytics;
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Service, including making User Contributions.
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service, customize your experience on the Site and provide personalized recommendations and other information to you;
- To maintain and improve the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your personal information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
- SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wearwell does not sell your personal information. In certain circumstances we may share the categories of personal information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share personal information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store personal information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your personal information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of or following that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other Users: certain actions you take may be visible to other users of the Service. For example, your posts will appear in other users’ feeds and your profile information will be accessible to other users. You acknowledge that by sharing posts or adding information to your profile you make the information shared available to other users and that Wearwell cannot control, and shall not be responsible for any use other users make of such information.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 18. Wearwell does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided personal information to Wearwell through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Please contact us if you have questions about these third parties’ data practices.
In addition, parents or guardians can contact us to:
- request copies of the personal information we collected about their child;
- direct us to delete the personal information we collected about their child;
- direct us to stop collecting or using personal information regarding their child; and
- prohibit the disclosure of personal information regarding their child to third parties not needed to provide the Service.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to Wearwell via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSING IN THE U.S.
The Service is not intended for use outside the United States. By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your personal information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States, where data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
- YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances providing personal information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide personal information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also log in to your account or contact us to request updates or corrections to your personal information.
- CONTACT US